Have you just cleared the CA IPCC / Intermediate exam and are to appear in CA finals? Or you just missed your previous CA final attempt due to your lack of In this article, we will share with you the preparation tips for CA Final Exam. Today we are busting every confusion and will guide you on how to pass CA final in first attempt.
CA Final is the last stage of CA Course, after clearing two barriers of this course i.e., CPT / CA Foundation and CA IPC / Intermediate you become qualified to appear in CA Final exams. Every subsequent stage of this course is difficult as compared to the previous level. After clearing the CA Foundation you get a dedicated study period of nine months for CA intermediate. Once you qualify both the groups of CA IPCC / Intermediate you become eligible to appear in CA though you get an approximate gap of 2.5 to 3 years between CA IPCC/Intermediate and CA Final in this time you required to do a compulsory practical training (articleship) which is for a period of three years.So, in this span of three years you are required to manage both your studies and full time articleship training.
Hence it is advisable that you have a proper preparation strategy and you judiciously utilize your time.
Before starting with the preparation tips on how to pass CA final in first attempt, we would like to warn you that CA Final is not like other two levels of CA Course i.e., Foundation and Intermediate, it is way more difficult when compared to the other two. Students who clear both the groups of CA IPCC / Intermediate are not able to clear even a single group of CA Final in subsequent attempts. And with every attempt you fail, you tend to lose confidence in your abilities which eventually leads students to leave CA in half. So to avoid these mistakes it is better that you have proper planning and a strong determination to get through each group of this exam in the first attempt.
CA Final consists of two groups and each group consists of four subjects so there is a total of eight subjects.
Group 1 include the following four subjects
- Financial Reporting
- Strategic Financial Management
- Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Corporate and Allied Laws
Group 2 includes the following four subjects
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Information Systems Control and Audit
- Direct Tax laws
- Indirect Tax Laws
- When it comes to CA Final preparation time management is the key, because you will have to manage your articleship and CA Final studies simultaneously and like students also join college for B.com, you have to be very systematic in order to manage all these and make sure you do it in a way that minimizes your stress and you do not have to compromise in your CA Final studies.
- While preparing for CA Final it is very important to get systematic guidance so that you do not waste your time doing something futile. To have that systematic guidance most of the students switch to CA Final Coaching. Taking coaching can be the right decision only when you feel you can revise what is being taught in the classes the same day and are doing your studies in a regular manner.
- You are required to work hard as well as smart for CA Final exams because with limited time and unlimited syllabus it is better to invest your time in the portion which holds more weight age in comparison to the topics which consume a lot of your time and there is an uncertainty of being asked in the exam. So, the smartest way to figure out what is important is to look at the previous year papers and analyze questions from which portion were asked most frequently. In this manner, you will save your time from being invested in the topics which are unlikely to be asked in the exam.
- Be very selective in making your notes. The notes you make should be short and concise so that you do not have to invest a lot of time while revising the entire course during the exam leaves.
- The best way to revise, remember and analyze your preparation is to give mock tests. Yes, you should give as many mock tests as possible because it is these mock tests which make you exam ready. You may have read a lot and completed the entire course but unless and until you give an exam it is difficult to say what is the level of preparation. But if you think of testing this in the exam itself it will be a little daring act because there you won’t get any further chance to rectify your mistakes but mock test gives you the opportunity to test your performance and a chance to improve with every mock test you give. It even helps you maintain the writing speed which is going to play a very important part in your exam as you are required to complete the complete paper in the stipulated time.
We hope all the points mentioned above will help you prioritize your activities and will clear your confusion on how to pass CA final in first attempt. In the end, we would like to wish you good luck for your future.